A new version again, download it or use the updater in the plugin. Continue reading “Coda PHP & Web Toolkit 3.7”
And another beta for you to try out. Continue reading “Coda PHP & Web Toolkit 3.7 beta 2 (Coda 1 & 2)”
Next beta with a box of bugfixes, improvements and a nifty new feature. Continue reading “Coda PHP & Web Toolkit 3.7 beta (Coda 1 & 2)”
So here’s the new, nice and hopefully stable version of the Coda plugin. Works with Coda 1.7.5 and Coda 2.x Continue reading “Coda PHP & Web Toolkit 3.6 – for Coda 1 & 2”
This new beta version now works with Coda 1 and 2, fixes the drawbacks of the previous beta and has some improvements:
- “Results in floating window” is now available again
- Script warning in Coda 2 doesn’t appear (choose “Results in floating window” in the preferences)
- Updated JSHint to the latest version
- New preference setting for JSHint: Use smart tabs
- Updated JSTidy to the latest version
- JS Tidy now works correctly with CR and LF linefeeds
- JS Tidy has no 64KB file limit anymore
- “Go to line” (for PHP errors) now uses the API function in Coda 2, so it scrolls to the error location
- Automatic update should now work correctly with Coda 1 and Coda 2
- New version notification now shows the new version number…
- New version notification in Coda 2 now correctly works with a floating window
- Performance improvements
Annoyingly the current version of my Coda plugin worked with all the Coda 2 beta versions, but not the final (release) version. The problem seems to be the non-threadsafe Webkit-View implementation. Since this is can’t be fixed easily I put together a beta version which doesn’t use the Webkit-View.
Limitations of this beta version:
- It’s beta.. and not yet well tested
- The option “Results in floating window” is disabled: Some results open in a new tab
- Some of the functions ask you (twice) “Untitled.php is a script application. Are you sure you want to run it?” – you can safely click “OK” :)
Update: Coda 2 compatible version will be coming the next days, stay tuned.
Just a short status update to let you know that my plug-in “PHP & Web Toolkit” for Coda will be compatible with the upcoming Coda version 2. Currently the tests look very good and all plug-in functions work as expected. The next plug-in version will be published after Coda 2 is out and I’ve received some feedback.
It might be possible that new versions will be running on Coda 2 only but I hope that it’s possible to maintain only one version of the plug-in.
I’m also looking forward to some new API functions which hopefully are integrated in Coda 2. These will fix some annoyances in the plug-in and allow plug-ins to do more stuff.
Feature removal: This version doesn’t feature proCSSor anymore. The developer will not continue the proCSSor Web API, so this feature is removed from Coda PHP & Web Toolkit.
Since the API was a free service anyway and he’ll focus on developing his own software this is understandable. More information can be found on his website: procssorapp.com.
And since Coda 2 is said to be released in the near future I won’t add any new features until then. Therefore this version has some bugfixes only.