Posted 4 years ago, updated 1 year ago
A mac dashboard widget to view one or more logfiles continuously.
- View one or more logfiles á la “tail -f /var/log/system.log”
- Font and size can be changed
- Different themes, variable opacity
- Check if the given logfile is accessible
- View remote files (via http)
Support syslog-viewer on iusethis:
- Mac OS X 10.5+
- If you’re using Safari, click the download link. When the widget download is complete, Show Dashboard, click the Plus sign to display the Widget Bar and click the widget’s icon in the Widget Bar to open it.
- If you’re using a browser other than Safari, click the download link. When the widget download is complete, unarchive it and place it in /Library/Widgets/ in your home folder. Show Dashboard, click the Plus sign to display the Widget Bar and click the widget’s icon in the Widget Bar to open it.
How to use
- Enter at least one logfile to be watched – the complete path is needed, for example: /var/log/system.log
- Enter multiple logfiles separated by spaces.
- If the logfiles are outlined in red: One of the files is not accessible – either the path is wrong or you are not allowed to view it.
- To view a remote logfile (must be accessible via http) enter its URL – like http://server.name/log.php (This function is beta)
View a remote logfile via http (beta)
Allow larger font-sizes
Snow Leopard update
Compressed JS code
Viewing multiple logfiles now possible
Set number of lines to show initially
Bugfixes and improvements
Resizable in both dimensions
Font can be changed
Bugfix for OS X 10.4 (Tiger) – should resize correctly now
Fontsize can be changed
Check if given logfile is accessible